Work from home jobs has become increasingly popular over the last few years. But finding work from home jobs that are not scams is a different story.
Scammers and self-announced gurus are swamping the internet market, especially on social media, with false promises and a hefty price tag.
Many people have lost lots of money with internet scams that make you believe that the web functions as an ATM.
The good news is that they are plenty of work from home jobs that are not scams and I am here to show you a few options.
Why Working From Home
They are many reasons why people would love to work from home.
- No commuting to work every morning
- Flexible working hours
- Write your own schedule
- Get away from the 9-5 grind
- Being able to spend more time with the family
- Better income opportunities.
- Be your own boss.
The list could go on, and I am sure you will add your personal reasons why you would like to work from home.
Most work from home jobs requires you to have a computer and an internet connection. It is also essential to have some basic knowledge about how a computer works and maybe even some social media accounts.
The most popular ones are Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram and for business purposes a LinkedIn account as well.
It is also beneficial to have your own website. But don’t panic, it is easy to build. Check out my post How To Build A Free Website.
Even though working from home sounds like a dream job, you still need to work hard. When you work on your own, it is easy to get sidetracked.
A good portion of self-discipline and the ability to structure your day are certainly helpful to get the job done.
A List Of Legitimate Jobs
Robert from legitimatejobfromhome.com put a comprehensive list together.
LEGITIMATE WORK AT HOME JOBS
(NO HANDLING OF ACTUAL PRODUCTS)
• Affiliate Marketing (with companies like Amazon, Best Buy, Nike, Sony, Target,…)
• Blogger (you can blog about anything and make money from it too)
• Freelance Writer (Resume Writer, Copywriter, Grant Writer, Travel Writer,…)
• Proofreader (of Documents, Social Media pages, other forms of written media)
• WordPress Website Creator (build websites and host them if you are a WA member)
• Website Design Support (provide Content Writing, Keyword Research & SEO)
• Information Publisher (selling informational eBooks, newsletters, videos,…)
• Stock Photographer (and yes, you can start by using the camera in your phone)
(HANDLING OF ACTUAL PRODUCTS)
• eBay / Amazon / Craigslist (direct selling or drop shipping)
• Niche Content Direct Selling (selling products within a certain niche) (legitimatejobfromhome.com)
With most work from home jobs, you can get started with very little money (if any) and work part-time besides your main job.
Starting part-time is a good way of testing the waters and to see whether you like it or not. With most of these jobs, it can take a while until you earn a decent amount of money.
So before you quit your recent job, my advice is:
- Check if it is for you
- Start part time
- You may need some money to get started; it’s an investment for your future online business.
My Preferred Method
My preferred methods of making money from home are affiliate marketing and blogging. The reason for that is that these options enable you to earn a passive income.
So once you said up the foundation like a website and a blog, you can earn money by placing affiliate links or ads on your site.
Hold Your Horses
Even though it sounds really cool, there is a process involved, and you won’t earn money instantly.
By the way, if you come across products that tell you that you will earn money straight away – Stay away from it!
Instead, it can take months or even years before you make a full-time income. But once you get momentum rolling, your business will be unstoppable.
The way I look at it is that every kind of business takes time to build up to be successful. No company has ever become an overnight success. Dedication, hard work, and commitment are essential for any business. The online world is no different.
For more information about How To Succeed At Affiliate Marketing, please click the link.
Pros for affiliate marketing and blogging
- Earn passive/residual income
- Your website/blog becomes a valuable asset over time
- Work from anywhere in the world
- Huge income is possible
- Write about something you have an interest for or feel passionate about
- Legit way of making money online
- Different ways of monetizing your blog
- Inexpensive start-up and monthly costs
- Affiliate marketing is getting stronger every year
- It takes time to build up your business to get a full-time income
- It’s not suitable for everyone.
How To Get Started
How much is it to get started and what steps do you need to take?
As mentioned before, to start an affiliate marketing business doesn’t cost much if anything.
First of all, you need to learn the basics of affiliate marketing. The best place to do this is Wealthy Affiliate University, the by far best online training platform for internet marketing.
You can sign up for free with no credit card required. The free membership includes two free websites and the Online Entrepreneur Certification – Getting Started (Level 1).
This option is perfect for people who are not sure if an online business is a right choice for them. The online entrepreneur certification course will give you a good idea if this is something you would like to pursue.
If you are serious about building and working on a long-term sustainable business, then you can upgrade to the premium membership that includes everything you will ever need to create a successful business with blogging or affiliate marketing.
For just under $50 a month you will get access to 100’s of video classes, up to date training courses, hosting, a keyword research tool and so much more. For more details read my post What Are The Memberships Inside Wealthy Affiliate.
I do hope my article has given you an insight into work from home jobs that are not scams. There are many options and huge opportunities for making money online.
Affiliate Marketing and Blogging are my preferred methods because
- You earn a passive income
- Write about something that interests you
- Tremendous business opportunity
- The market will grow even bigger over the next few years.
The best place to get started is Wealthy Affiliate University. Join over 800000 entrepreneurs and me and start your journey of becoming a successful affiliate marketer.
I will personally welcome you and would love to be part of your new and exciting journey.